Thursday, June 18, 2026

Stargazing Memories




Have you ever received a postcard and immediately gone online to see if you could buy more? That's exactly what I did when I received this beautiful round postcard featuring the night sky.

My father was an astronomer, and he taught our family to always look up. Many of our vacations centered around stargazing and observing the night sky. One of our favorite places to visit was Shenandoah National Park, where Big Meadows offers wonderful views of the stars.

This postcard brought back many happy memories of lying in a lounge chair under a dark sky, searching for constellations and watching the stars appear.

The postcard was created by Mailbox Memories and can be found at mailboxmemories.org. 

The postcard encouraged recipients to write down three things they were grateful for. Here are mine:

A full mailbox, and the postal carrier who fills it with happy mail every day.

The beautiful stamps issued by the USPS.

The friends near and far exchange postcards with me.

I love both the message and the mission behind Mailbox Memories. Their postcards are affordable, thoughtfully designed, and encourage us to appreciate the joy of connecting through the mail.

After receiving this postcard, I went online and ordered some for myself!

No comments:

Post a Comment

50 Years of Postcards: Capitol-Beltway Postcard Club

  What do you get when you combine postcards, a scavenger hunt, a room full of postcards, and people who love sending mail? You have a great...