Sunday, June 14, 2026

A Unique Postcard for That Dad Guy

 



One of the postcards I mailed from the Boston 2026 World Expo Stamp Show was sent to That Dad Guy, who hosts a YouTube channel featuring Postcrossing and Canada Post.

I decided to send him an "unofficial" meetup postcard rather than one of the official postcards created for the event.

Each day of the meetup had an official postcard, but many attendees also designed and printed their own postcards. These postcards were often shared on the "Trash to Treasure" table, where people could exchange postcards, supplies, and other postcard-related items.

One of the postcards was created by a Canadian attendee. Since That Dad Guy is from Canada, I thought it would be a fitting choice.

I suspected that someone would be sending him the official meetup postcards. He has a large following and receives a lot of mail, so I wanted to send something a little different, something that would stand out.

What made the postcard especially unique was that it was a text postcard. Rather than featuring artwork or a photograph, it consisted of a series of statements such as "This is a postcard."

At first glance, the design seemed simple. But the more I looked at it, the more I appreciated the message behind it.

The statements highlighted something that Postcrossers already know: sending and receiving postcards is about connection, sharing experiences, and building community.

When That Dad Guy featured the postcard in one of his videos, he pointed out the same thing. The text wasn't really describing a postcard, it was describing why postcards matter.

That is one reason I am glad I chose this postcard. It wasn't the official meetup card, but it captured the spirit of Postcrossing.

No comments:

Post a Comment

50 Years of Postcards: Capitol-Beltway Postcard Club

  What do you get when you combine postcards, a scavenger hunt, a room full of postcards, and people who love sending mail? You have a great...