Wednesday, June 3, 2026

Filling My Boston 2026 World Expo Stamp Show Passport

Spain Passport Stamps

 

At the Boston 2026 World Expo Stamp Show, one of my favorite activities was filling out my Official Passport. The passport book, printed by Scott Stamps LLC, encouraged visitors to explore the show by visiting international postal administrations and club booths to collect stamps and special cancellations.

I wish more international post offices had been able to attend the show, but I understand that recent tariffs created challenges. A few countries had planned to participate but were unable to get their stamps through customs in time for the event. Even so, there were many opportunities to discover international stamps.

One of the highlights for me was receiving a stamp and special cancellation from Ukraine. I have always admired how Ukrainian stamps tell the story of the country's struggle for independence and resilience. Since there are many Postcrossers in Ukraine, I wanted to support the post office there.

Another stop I enjoyed was the United Nations booth. They had several notebooks filled with older stamps available for purchase at face value. Browsing through the pages felt a bit like a treasure hunt. There were so many designs and topics represented that I found myself looking for stamps that spoke to me personally.

In the end, I selected a variety of stamps that reflected different causes and themes. One that especially caught my attention was a stamp highlighting refugees. I appreciate stamps that tell stories and raise awareness about important issues. Choosing stamps from notebooks was an opportunity to connect with the messages and history represented in each design.

I was excited to obtain a stamp from Greenland. Their booth sold postcards, which I had to buy. Greenland's presence fit perfectly with one of the show's major attractions, a large exhibit dedicated to polar philately. Between the exhibits and club booths, it was a way to learn more about a place that feels remote.



One of the unexpected highlights of the show was meeting a Postcrosser from Switzerland at the meetups. She generously brought along a selection of canceled stamps to share with fellow attendees. I was delighted to add them to my passport. These stamps may not have come from an official booth, but they are some of my favorite additions because they represent the friendships and connections that make Postcrossing so special. Every stamp has a story, and these remind me of the people I met and the conversations we shared during the show.



My passport may be full of stamps and cancellations, but it is also full of memories. Each page is a connection to another part of the world. That's one of the things I love most about stamp shows: they remind me how the postal hobby brings people and places together.

No comments:

Post a Comment

50 Years of Postcards: Capitol-Beltway Postcard Club

  What do you get when you combine postcards, a scavenger hunt, a room full of postcards, and people who love sending mail? You have a great...